Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Introduction

Hi,

Welcome to my first ever travelogue. I have never tried my hand at these and I'm writing this because my friend Shobhit has asked me to do it. 

Bhangarh is in Rajasthan around 270 odd Kms from Delhi. It is believed that, the place is haunted and even Archaological Survey of India has marked the place as a place of national importance. No one is allowed to visit the place before sunrise and after sunset. If you want to know more about the place, then you can read it on wikipedia.

In 2009, Anukraman sir told me about this place and the first event of Western Motorsports, JK-Tyre The Monsoon Ride 2009, was taken to this place. The first time I went to this place was in summers of 2009, with Pradeep Sir, Azad Sir and obviously Anukraman sir. I loved the place and the eerie feel of the place shook me, when I stepped into the main palace for the first time. To be honest, I could not step into the palace because after knowing about the history of this place from people and internet, I could not decide whether it was a myth or a truth .

After monsoon ride 2009 was culminated, a major footfall at the same place was observed. I very well remember that many of my acquaintances and people I know, headed towards this prayed upon place. Everyone has a story about the place to tell like I had, and this interest to know more about this place got induced into many of my friends. But the most into the head of my bestest friend Shobhit.

Many a times, we decided to go to the place but the plans never seemed to work out ..... (signs of spirits out there, not letting us visit the place ??? )

Contd.

3 comments:

  1. good start. Elaborate details, short story on the myths could have helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, There are in total 24 posts in this travelogue. I would request you to go through all of them.

    ReplyDelete