Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Thanagazi and Gol Gappe

P.S. Make sure you don't fight with me over Gol Gappe and Chocolate because for them I can murder anyone on this planet.

So, sun was rising and so was the heat. We took the Thanagazi waala road and screwed ourselves royally. 

Jeetu : Yaar ab to bhookh lagni shuru ho gayi hai. Humain kuch le lena chahiye.

Me : Abey, bhai, mujhe to bilkul bhookh nahin hai, tum log le lo jo bhi tumhe khaana hai.

Shobhit : Haan yaar, kuch to le lena chahiye.

As we passed through a small village, I dont remember its name. Shobhit remembered that it was a high time that he has to make a call to his Dad. He stopped the car in the middle of a village and asked Jeetu to get down and grab some fruits for both of them. Shobhit asked for Grapes and Jeetu ( A monkey in disguise who can kill someone for Bananas) got his favorite bananas and some ber for all three of us.

While Jeetu was busy buying fruits and I was roaming here and there near our car. A gol gappe waala came and asked us to park our car somewhere else, as that place was his daily stand to put up his gol gappe ka stall. From my childhood days, I am very fond of this tangy, spicy street food and I cannot resist myself from trying them at different places. But, the cheapest Gol gappas I ever had were like Rs. 1 ke 3 and that too when I was very young and used to visit my naani's place in Jaipur. In NCR, they are very costly like Rs.5 ke 3 :( :( .

So, as I saw that gol gappe waala, my hunger started knocking in my head and I wanted to give a try to those. I asked gol gappe waala

Me : Bhaiyya, kis hisaab se hai ?

He : 1 Rs ke 2 

Me : 1 Rs ke 2 ..... WOW .... jara paani taste karwa do.

Till now, Jeetu was on my side with a paper katori in his hand like I was standing. We tasted the water and it was AWESOME. 

Me : Bhaiyya, bina ruke khilaate jao.Wahan Delhi main to theek se gol gappe khaa bhi nahin sakte hai.

He : Kyun ??

Me : 5 Rs ke 3 dete hai yaar, jeb hi khaali ho jaaye.

So, that was it. Bhaiyya prepared aloo ka masala and we started hogging on those delicious gol gappas. ( Damn, my mouth is watering now ...... slurrrrrrrrpppppppppp ) 

Shobhit also finished his chit chat with uncle and we asked him to join us. Initially, he was a bit skeptical about trying them out but he tasted one as a trial and then he joined the league. 

Shobhit was the first person to get done with the gol gappas, then Jeetu and I was the last one. I just couldn't stop myself eating those. ( Jaise ki jindagi main  kabhi khaane ke liye nahin milenge dobara). To admit something I am the biggest bhukkad of our group and there are many famous stories that keep on making the rounds within our group. But, who cares, I am born to eat.

Me : Bhaiyya, kitne paise ho gaye ?

He : bees rupaye

Me : Bas, bees hi hue hai abhi tak

Yes, all three of us had 40 gol gappe, WOW, and I can vouch for it that I had the most. So, we got done with the a little snack break and started moving on towards our destination Bhangarh.

1 comment:

  1. slurrrpppp.... slurrrppp......even m also fond of golgappas.... "crazy about dem.."

    ReplyDelete